CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Family Time

Last week I had my daughter and grandson at my place for a few days. Being divorced, I am alone most of the time so having company felt really good. It was great to have someone there when I got home from work at night. I am finding out that as I get older, I am missing my children and my grandchildren more and more. I have always been sentimental, but lately I miss the sound of my boys trying to outdo each other with their bragging--LOL or their achievements. I miss my daughter , my son in law and the kids and their laughter- the funny things that they do and say. I have always loved my kids to the max and I know that going through a divorce has had its effects on our relationship-- but I still love them with all my heart . My youngest just celebrated his 4th wedding anniversary yesterday--- 4 years------ I can remember the day they got married- my baby-- my baby who told me when he was 10 years old: "Mom- I'm like Jesus-- I will never leave you nor forsake you" yeah well that was until he met his future bride Valerie-- she stole his heart and that was it........ they are such an awesome couple.(I LOVE YOU TOO POOHEAD!) My oldest is probably the most creative person I have ever met in my life......... I know he didnt get it from me or his father------- so it had to be a God-given talent. My daughter has such a beautiful voice-- and I love that she is using it to glorify God and her children are following in her steps-- wow you should hear them sing. Kids if you read this-- know how incredibly much I love each one of you and am proud of all that you have accomplished!! SEAN....DAWN...KEN...DUSTIN...VALERIE.....YOU ARE ALL THE BEST AND I LOVE YOU WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING!!

1 comments:

Dawn Blay-Smith said...

Seriously, u love to make me cry dont you? You are an awesome mom and I am so proud of what you have accomplished in the past 3-4 years. I am so proud of you and I love you so much. I thank God that he chose me to be your daughter.....